Pre-Office Visit/Office Visit
Welcome back to the office! It is good to start a resumption of our lives. However, we are respecting the dangers of COVID-19 by following these guidelines for all of our protection.
- You MUST be wearing a MASK at all times in the office. This is not optional and we will not be able to see you if you are not wearing a mask.
- Disinfect your hands often, either with soap and water or hand sanitizer. No one can be too careful in this regard.
- Only 1 patient will be permitted in the office at a time to minimize exposure to COVID-19. Unless special arrangements are made in advance with Dr. Burke, we will not be permitting guests to accompany patients.
- If you have been suffering from ANY the following symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your visit, please notify Dr. Burke immediately (cell – 609-678-6147).
- Fever/Temperature of 100.4° F or higher.
- Cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty catching your breath, particularly with activity.
- Loss of taste or smell.
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain.
- Have you been exposed to anyone diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
- Are you or any member of your household under quarantine for any reason?
- Have you or any member of your household been tested for COVID-19? If yes, when and what were the results?
- Have you travelled internationally within the last 30 days?
- Have you traveled to any states where COVID-19 is particularly active within the last 30 days?
- You will be asked these same questions once you arrive at the office complex before you are admitted to the office.
- Upon arriving at the office complex, call our office at 856-429-2212 (the main office phone number) and speak to the receptionist to confirm your arrival and to review the questions in #4.
- When Dr. Burke is ready to see you, the office staff will call you on your cell phone and ask you to come into the office.
- When you enter, please proceed to the reception window in the lobby.
- Please disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer at the reception window.
- The receptionist will take your temperature with an infrared thermometer.
- If your temperature is normal, then the receptionist will bring you into the examination area. Here she will take any pre-visit paperwork that you may have filled out and get a copy of your insurance cards.
- It is also at this time that if charges for the office visit were discussed with Dr. Burke prior to the office visit, that your bill can be paid.
- You will then be escorted to exam room #2, where your height, weight and blood pressure will be taken and recorded.
- Next, if your visit will involve a pelvic examination or a transvaginal ultrasound, or if you need to use the lavatory, please do so at this time. Wash your hands thoroughly when finished. (Hand washing for 20 seconds with soap and water is the MOST EFFECTIVE WAY to DISINFECT your hands).
- The receptionist will then lead you to exam room #1 where Dr. Burke will see you. If Dr. Burke is going to perform an examination, you will be asked to get changed.
- Dr. Burke will be taking your history (if not already done in a pre-visit phone call with Dr. Burke) and performing a physical examination in exam room #1 as well as scheduling your follow up appointment with you at this time.
- Once Dr. Burke has finished, he will leave exam room #1 and permit you to get dressed. Again, please wash your hands in the exam room after dressing before leaving the exam room.
- Immediately after leaving the examination room, please see the receptionist to make your payment if this was not done prior to the examination. Dr. Burke will have filled out the Patient Encounter Form and given it to the receptionist. She will have a copy prepared for you for your records and for your submission to your insurance carrier, if appropriate.
- If you need lab slips or prescriptions, Dr. Burke will give them to you at this time if he has not done so already.
- If your visit is complete, you may exit through the front door. Please remember to disinfect your hands once you get into your car.
- If Dr. Burke still needs to consult with you:
- Proceed to his consultation office in the rear of the building for this service.
- You will then exit the office from the rear door to return to your car.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with these office procedures. They are for all of our safety in the time of this on-going COVID-19 pandemic.
Gerald V. Burke, M.D.